Counsellor – Psychotherapist Contract Position
Serenity Renewal for Families provides services to families affected by addiction- including children, teens, and adults.
Our counsellors provide therapy, workshops and support groups for friends and family members of those affected by addiction, adult children of alcoholics, and individuals in stage 2 of recovery.
Serenity Renewal for Families (SRF) has a 38-year track record delivering a package of integrated individual and group supports to those affected by addictions. SRF believes that chemical dependency is a disease that affects the emotional well-being of all family members, and each deserves support to reclaim their lives. Counselling, workshops, and peer support can break the cycle of addiction spreading throughout family generations.
If you have experience in addictions, a passion for this community, are a team player and want the flexibility to choose your own hours we would love to meet you.
Benefits of working at SRF
- The opportunity to be a part of a heart centered team.
- Admin staff support, consult group, supervision, training to do Zoom workshops, and the opportunity to be innovative.
- As covid permits, you will have access to private office space, meeting rooms, reception and scheduling services and general office facilities.
- You may also use office space to see your private clients (those not affiliated with SRF) for 25 % of available counselling slots at no cost to you.
- You can work as much or as little as you like and choose your own hours.
Services are presently being offered virtually during covid, with the expectation of returning to the office at 2255 St. Laurent Blvd, when it is safe to do so.
The successful candidate:
- Is a member of either The College of Psychotherapists of Ontario, The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers or The College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Has a minimum of three years of experience in a counselling setting, with specific experience working with clients affected by addictions. Knowledge and education specific to addictions and treatment approaches are required.
English; Bilingualism an asset
Conditions of Employment
All contract employees shall maintain professional liability insurance in the amount of $2,000,000 while engaged in providing any and all services for SRF. The insurance policy shall name Serenity Renewal for families as a named insured and proof-of-insurance shall be provided to SRF on an annual basis, at the start of each calendar year.
All Counselling positions, contract or otherwise, within SRF are subject to background and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted).
Applying for this Opportunity
If you are interested in exploring this employment opportunity, please send a cover letter together with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org